2/24/2006

PROJECT SCRAPROOM/and TONS of pics

PROJECT SCRAPROOM
This will begin my project to turn my living room (WHICH WE NEVER USE) into my scraproom. I am SLOWLY taking over our den downstairs, so my husband and I, MAINLY, I decided that it was best if I move my stuff. Now the ONLY person I had to object to this was my mom, bless her heart, she just DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! LOL, and with a room of my own, it will ALWAYS be clean! Right!?! So, sit back, and enjoy the ride. HOPEFULLY it won't be TOO long of a ride. I THOUGHT I was going to have it all done by Monday, but, ummmm, it doesn't look like it, so I am going to set a GRAND unveiling date of :
SATURDAY, MARCH 4, 2006
Time to be announced. As with ANY grand event, if something happens PRIOR to the above mentioned date. You WILL be informed. On to the pictures......
This is a pic of the boxes that were SUPPOSED to be delivered to my house yesterday....they were delivered, but since I was NOT home to sign for them..UPS left me a NICE LITTLE NOTE! So, I called UPS and had ALL the boxes delivered to my job! Ignore the Koolaid Juices! Those are the kids! LOL....just more boxes and storage stuff...... That is my bookshelf and yet MORE boxes of goodies......... Picture of my Cropper Hopper Cubes....... That is my cropper hopper stuff that was in all the above boxes....... Is this pic in here once already? Oh, and Imwaiting on a couple more boxes. I ordered four lamps from IKEA. Two floor lamps and two table lamps, sorta like work lamps. My living room (soon to be scrap room) only has light coming from the windows, which will be WONDERFUL during the daytime and during the summer, but NOT so great during DST. These boxes are SO cute!!! They snap together and have like an file type thing inside. I have seven of those. I think the measurements are 7x10. These are baskets that I got from World Market. Because they are Christmas baskets, they were .99 each!!!!!!! Im going to spray paint them black, and line them with white cotton material, and then tie black and white ribbon around the top edge of the basket...make sense? LOL These are the sizes....Large, medium and small.....I MIGHT save three of these and spray paint them (with kid friendly spray paint) and make Easter Baskets for my kids...MIGHT.... I was playing around at work today (yes I took my camera, and Im taking it tomorrow as well because my 50mm Lens will be there) taking some pics of the fountain in our building, and these are just some of my shots... I DO know that I need a flash other than the one built into the camera. I wanted to change my shutter speed to 800 so I could really capture the water the way I wanted to, and when I change it that high, the flash won't fire...it maxes out at 1/250....oh well, enjoy the rest of the pics! Oh, and BTW, some of the pics look the same, but they really aren't! LOL

14 Comments:

Blogger Michelle W. said...

I wish I can answer your camera question, too bad it's 4:42 am and my mind is mush. LOL. Can't wait to see your room after you are done!

Michelle

4:44 AM  
Blogger justem said...

So exciting!! I love your big "unveiling" message!! Can't wait to see it!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Bonita Rose said...

wow... you got a ton of stuff... good for u.. have fun organizing your scrap room... what fun!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

umm, your scrap rooom is going to be fab!!
can i come over? :)
hahaha.

6:29 AM  
Blogger B said...

HOW exciting!!!! a Scrapbook room! A bonafide, in the works, plan of building scraproom. Mine just evolved... color me green... LOL! How great!

6:52 AM  
Blogger corinne5 said...

your scraproom is looking great already, lol! you so love your camera, don;t you!
have fun!

corinne5xxx

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all that new organizing stuff! How cool! I cannot wait to see how it all comes together.

About your photos. I do not have the 20D, but I do have the Rebel XT, and I can help you with some of your dark photos if you want. Just email me.

Jacquie

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to see your new scraproom when it's finished. You will LOVE having your own space. My design room is my personal haven. LOVE IT! Also love the pictures of the fountains. Gorgeous!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Cool pics!

Can't wait to see... the BIG REVEAL! LOL ;)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your room look like it's going to be AMAZING! Good for you :)
I completely "get" the basket idea! Now why haven't I thought of that before?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Dawn Bibbs said...

Chicka, you are outta control!!! I can't tell you how excited I am that you're getting your very own scrap room. Oh how I wish I had an actual ROOM instead of a SPACE! I'm expecting FABulous LO's to come out of that room! :-) Have fun!!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

Looks like you have been shopping!!!!! One of my favorite things to do and you got some great stuff!!!! Can't wait to see the unveiling!!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you! Sounds awesome. We are moving in December of this year, to a 4 bedroom home. The kids were like, wow we all get our own bedrooms...Nope, mommy gets a scrapbook room...lol May change my mind if the basement is big enough for my husbands dj equipment and all my scrapgoodies. Or if they have a dining room, maybe I will turn it into a scrap room...lol

Dana

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are totally outta control!! Too funny, congrats on your own scraproom. can't wait to see it!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home