12/17/2005

Its official now...........

I talked to my dad tonight. It wasn't as bad as I THOUGHT it was going to be. I had one year left in Nursing school. I did NOT want to do it anymore. I was working part time at a local hospital, and though I LOVED my job. I did NOT want to be a nurse anymore. I LOVED school, but I did NOT want to be a nurse anymore. I LOVED my clinical rotations, but I did NOT want to be a nurse anymore. I just did NOT have a desire to do it anymore. I struggled with the decision for SO long. But when I got to the point that I did NOT want to go to class anymore. I knew I had to make my move. I decided its time to work full time. ITS TIME NOW......well, God blessed me with a FANTASTIC JOB as an Exec. Admin Asst with a very large company. I LOVE IT!!! I mean its WONDERFUL!! The pay is FANTASTIC, the location is SUPERB, and I am the happiest I have been in a LONG TIME! I DREADED talking to my dad about this...even though my husband was behind me 100%, I HAD to tell my dad. He, afterall WAS the one helping me pay for school. I wanted him to be proud! Well, what the HECK was I afraid of. He is happy for me! He said sometimes you have to take a step backwards, in order to move forward! I had already told my mom, and she told me I would have to tell him! LOL....I told him that she already knew, and he laughed because she didn't say a word! LOL Well, Im glad that is over! But I am really happy! Im so thankful for what God is doing in my family's life, and the work He is doing in me. I am NOT where I want to be spiritually, but I am not where I used to be!!! On a lighter note.....today was our annual family Christmas gathering. We had a BLAST! There were GOBS and GOBS and GOBS of food! All of it was WONDERFUL!!! I ate until I couldn't! Its so funny, I can remember when we were little running around, and now we all are married and our kids are running around! LOL...time does move on! Before the night was over...they were playing VERY old school music {Double Dutch Bus, or BUST? LOL, Freak out, or something like that} and doing the electric slide...at some point they played Michael Jackson PYT! Now THAT is old!!!! I just sat and watched....just thinking about old times, and how we all have changed or remained the same in some way or form. My mom even got up and did the bump...Lord just bless her soul. She has NO rhythm!! NONE! Ok, this is getting long. I can't sleep so I guess I will alter another lunch tin!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mara said...

Glad you had a good day and that you had a good convo with your Dad.

More lunch tins? You're on a roll!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I'm glad things wroked out with your Dad. I'm an RN and nothing is worse than working with a nurse who doesn't like it. I think you made a smart decision. At least you realized it early enough. You go girl!!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Glad things worked out with dad. It's much better to know now than after you put a bunch more effort into it.
I definitely agree with divagirlrn.
While I love my job, there are definitely days I wonder if I might have made a different choice, but it was definitely in God's hands. And it has given me a way to support my kids after all the turmoil that happened 10 years ago.
katie

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home